the poster submission WINDOW IS CLOSED. THANK YOU.
As the partners of ‘The Character Week’ initiative, we promote character education among all schools. We are all part of this initiative because we believe that the character development of a child is of the utmost importance. Last year, we hosted a Texas wide Character Education Day Poster Drive and it was a huge success. This year, we plan to welcome all PreK-12 students’ entries from around the world. Join us in this endeavor and be a part of our ‘Coloring the World with CHARACTER’ initiative.
Wishing you the best in this journey!
All PreK-12 students, including homeschoolers around the world can enter the poster drive. Participation is free of charge. The Character Education Week Poster Drive is organized by volunteer participant organizations. The sponsors and partners’ organization’s children can participate in the poster drive in their category. Those students’ entries will be judged separately. All rules and benefits will be the same for the two categories’ participants. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects for all categories and grade divisions.
All entries must be original and entirely created by the participants. Contact information collected will be used for the purpose of ‘The Character Education Week’ only and will not be used for marketing or any other purposes. The words used in the poster should be in English or in native language with English translation.
All poster entries become the property of the Texas Character Education Day Poster Drive and are non-returnable. The right to modify any poster or slogan for reproduction purposes is reserved. Selected posters will be displayed on the Gallery Section at www.TheCharacterWeek.com and its social media accounts. Students’ identity information may be shared as follows
- First name and Last name (For Example: John Doe)
- Student’s Grade Level
To be fair for all participants, The Character Education Week Poster Drive is divided into two categories by participants.
1- Sponsor and Partner Organization’s Children Category
2- All Other Participants Category
It is also divided into two categories by submission type.
1-Traditional Poster Category
2-Digital Poster Category
Traditional Poster Category Divisions:
The traditional Poster Category is divided into five divisions by grades.
9 – 12
Digital Poster Category Divisions:
It is divided into two divisions by grades.
6 – 8
9 – 12
- All participants will receive a ‘Congratulation Certificate’ from The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
- All participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Recognition ’ from University of Houston.
- All participants’ names will be posted on the World famous website of www.TheCharacterWeek.com per their opt-in/out.
- Some posters will be displayed in the Gallery Section of www.TheCharacterWeek.com based on the poster’s aesthetic proficiency, alignment with the character-building theme, and students’ emotional response concerning the character-building theme after March 30, 2021.
- The students, whose posters will be displayed on the Gallery Section of www.TheCharacterWeek.com, will be invited to share their reflections, feelings, experiences, and gratitude related to this Poster Drive at the “Stars in the Character Sky” Fundraising Event on March 30, 2021. All the profits of the event will be donated to support UNICEF’s education programs worldwide. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
- All participants’ entries will be promoted on @TheCharacterDay social media.
TRADITIONAL POSTER RULES:
- Poster entries must provide a positive message and focus on The Character Education Week.
- Use only 11” X 17” or 12” X 18” paper or poster board.
- Must be student’s ORIGINAL artwork, and be age-appropriate within-grade divisions.
- NO glue; NO glitter; NO attachments; NO signatures in front of posters!
- NO syndicated, copyrighted, or clipart images!
- NO computer-aided or copy-machine poster entries!
- NO profanity; NO sexually explicit content; and NO drawings of a suggestable nature allowed.
- Reproducibility, spelling, grammar, and poster messages also factor in judges’ decisions.
- Use good lettering, high contrast, and bright colors on paper or poster board size 11” x 17” or 12” x 18”.
- Please follow all poster rules or face disqualification of poster entry
- The jpeg image of the poster should be at least 300 dpi
DIGITAL POSTER RULES:
* Poster entries must provide a positive message and focus on The Character Education Week.
* Use Adobe Illustrator or similar vector-based program only
* Vector graphic only. No raster images.
* Use only 11” X 17” or 12” X 18” layout in a digital program.
* Must be student’s ORIGINAL artwork, and be age-appropriate within-grade divisions.
* NO attachments or “placed” images; NO signatures in front of posters!
* NO syndicated, copyrighted, or clipart images!
* NO profanity; NO sexually explicit content; and NO drawings of a suggestable nature allowed.
* Reproducibility, spelling, grammar, and poster messages also factor in judges’ decisions.
* Use good lettering, high contrast, and bright colors in a vector digital program.
* Digital posters must be submitted in jpeg format
* Please follow all digital poster rules or face disqualification of poster entry.
Discrimination Clause: We will ensure that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination.
Here’s an opportunity to showcase your artistic, imaginative, and creative talent with a POSITIVE & ORIGINAL poster design based around the theme “Color the World with CHARACTER.” Submit your original art that contains at least one of the following character traits;
Caring, Integrity, Responsibility, Citizenship, Leadership, and Everyone.
Only one poster entry per student will be accepted. The submission deadline is Feb 7, 2021.
To enter, FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR ART WORK.
- Scan/or take a photo of your artwork accordingly
- Fill out the Entry Form below completely
- Be in compliance with all the requirements of the poster drive
- Upload your artwork
- Submit your artwork
Thank you for your reflection time and interest in being a member of our unique community. Please spread your proudness of your submission out. Stay tuned.