Show the world you believe in the power of character education
We are excited you are here to join in the movement of Character Education.
You can show your support by attending any of the upcoming events. All events are free and open to anyone around the world.
CHARACTER EDUCATION WEEK
Celebrating Character Education Week in the third week of every November, especially before Thanksgiving and the Holiday Season, is a brilliant initiative. During this time, people tend to have a heightened sense of caring and compassion, making it an opportune moment to emphasize the essential character traits that foster community flourishing.
By highlighting values such as caring, generosity, kindness, respect, empathy, and more, we can inspire individuals to actively practice these virtues and contribute to building a stronger, more compassionate society. This sensitive and open state of mind during this season allows for a greater appreciation of character education and its impact on personal growth and community well-being.
Let us continue to harness the power of this time of year to promote character education and create a positive ripple effect, leaving a lasting legacy of empathy and kindness in the hearts of people, as we move towards a brighter and more harmonious future.
The importance of CHARACTER EDUCATION WEEK is recognized by a distinguished group of individuals, including:
- Maya Soetoro, Adviser to the President Obama Foundation
- Betsy DeVos, Former U.S. Department of Education Secretary
- Former U.S Department of Education Assistant Secretary Frank Bragon
- Greg Abbott, Texas Governor
- Sylvester Turner, Houston Mayor
- Besa Pinchotti, National Military Family Association Chief Executive Officer
- Salman Khan, Founder of the Khan Academy
- Ahva Sadeghi, Forbes 30 Under 30 and John Lewis Fellow
- Heather Mauzé, Former Executive Director of the Texas Education Agency Charter School Division
- Lawrence Guzman Romo, Director of the Selective Service System in the Obama Administration
- Lizzie Fletcher, Congresswoman, Texas’ Seventh Congressional District
- Sister Norma Pimental, Executive Director of Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley
- Steve Allison, TX State Representative Public Education Committee Member
- H.E. Dr. Monserrat Creamer, Former Minister of Education of Ecuador
- Sonya Romero, The Ellen Show Hero Teacher
- Paul Watts, Director of the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues at the University of Birmingham
- Marisa Perez-Diaz, SBOE Member District 3
- Dr. Marvin W. Berkowitz, Sanford N. McDonnell Professor of Character Education
- Dr. Arthur Schwartz, President of character.org and etc.
Their collective support underscores the significance and impact of promoting character education. Together, we stand united in advocating for the development of strong character traits in students to prepare them for a future where compassion, integrity, and leadership are paramount. Join us in celebrating CHARACTER EDUCATION WEEK and let us build a better tomorrow through character education!
Join us and become a part of it!
Participate in the ‘Color the World with Character Traits’ poster drive, commencing on November 15 and concluding on March 31, 2024. This exciting opportunity is open to all PreK-12 students worldwide. Click here to learn more.
We also welcome your organization to be a Character Education Week partner. This commitment costs nothing but involves encouraging character education in schools and promoting the Color the World with Character Traits Poster Drive within your community. Your organization’s logo will be showcased in alphabetical order on our website under the Partner Section.
For those willing to make a financial contribution, consider becoming a Character Education Week sponsor. Your generous donation will solely be utilized to cover the expenses of Character Education Week’s activities. In appreciation of your support, your organization’s logo will be displayed in alphabetical order on our website under the Sponsor Section.
Whether you are a student, community member, school, or community organization, there is something truly vital you can do to bolster character education. Character Education Week emphasizes core values such as Caring, Integrity, Responsibility, Citizenship, and Leadership, etc. as we collectively prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century.
Let us unite in building a strong Community of Character, inspiring and empowering the leaders of tomorrow. Together, we can make a profound impact on the world through the power of character education.