Show the world you believe in the power of character education
We are excited you are here to join in the movement of Character Education.
You can show your support by attending any of the upcoming events. All events are free and open to anyone around the world.
- November 15, 2022 – March 31, 2023 – Color the World With Character Traits Poster Drive – Learn More and Submit Your Artwork
- May 3, 2023 – Conflict Transformation and Love for Healing the World – Register for the Event
- May 4, 2023 – Stars in the Character Sky Zoom Celebration Event – Register for the Event
- November 13 through 17, 2023, 5th Annual Texas Character Education Week – Save The Date
- November 15, 2023, 5th Annual Texas Character Education Week Virtual Celebration Event
Former U.S. Department of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos thinks it’s important. Texas Governor Greg Abbott thinks it’s important too. So does Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner.
What do they think is so important?
CHARACTER EDUCATION WEEK
November 14, 2021 – November 18, 2022
You know it’s important too. Become part of it,
- Participate in the ‘Color the World with Character Traits’ poster drive which begins on November 15 and concludes March 31, 2023. It’s open to all PreK-12 students around the world. Click here to learn more.
- Become a Character Education Week partner. It costs you nothing. Your organization simply commits to encourage character education in schools and to promote the Color the World with Character Poster Drive in its community. Your organization’s logo will be posted in alphabetical order on the website under the Partner Section.
- Become a Character Education Week sponsor. Your kind financial donation will only be used to cover the expenses of Character Education Week’s activities. Your organization’s logo will be posted in alphabetical order on the website under the Sponsor Section.
Whether you are a student, community member, school or community organization there’s something important you can do to support character education. Character Education Week encompasses core values of Caring, Integrity, Responsibility, Citizenship, and Leadership and etc. as we work together to prepare students for the demands and challenges of the 21st century. Build a strong Community of Character.
School of Science and Technology briefed the former U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and her assistant Frank Brogan on importance of having a character education program to stop the violence at the schools, implementing character.org 11-Principles, including Social-Emotional Learning to teach the whole child, and Texas Character Education Week efforts on Thursday, October 24, 2019.
FORMER U.S Department of Education Assistant Secretary Frank Bragon’s message
GOVERNOR GREG ABBOTT’S PROCLAMATION
City of Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Congratulatory Letter